Learn about our Junior Programme below:
JUNIOR ACADEMY - TERM 2
Hello Junior Golfers!
Term 2 of our Junior Clinics commences 26th April, so make sure you fill out the following form and email to email@example.com. The first 24 to secure registration through payment will be accepted.
All facets of the game will be covered including, but not limited to:
- Full swing
Term 2 Cost:
Mondays – $160 per junior
Tuesdays – $200 per junior
There are currently 8 spots for Mondays:
May – 2nd, 9th, 16th, 23rd
June – 6th, 20th, 27th
There are currently 16 spots for Tuesdays:
April – 26th
May – 3rd, 10th, 17th, 24th, 31st
June – 7th, 14th, 21st, 28th
CLICK HERE to see entry form and email directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
JUNIOR GOLF ACADEMY
Cherie & Mark Alison our PGA Professionals who commenced with us on March 1st 2021, are offering a Junior Program structure, involving various exciting elements & opportunities.
Below is a snapshot of what you can expect:
- A full 12-month Junior Program which will follow each of the school terms
- There will be an Term fee to join the program, however the kids will receive a shirt, hat & lesson booklet at the start of the year. The program will be structured and organised and outline/detail each weekly lesson session in advance. Participants will also be encouraged to make notes on their progress in the lesson booklet throughout the year.
- Sessions will run for approx. 1 hour per week (beginners ages still to be determined)
- The sessions will largely be games based with a focus on fun and involvement.
- A ratio of 1 coach for 8 students, will be used. 2 coaches will be on offer if required. This is required to ensure safety is at the forefront and all participants receive value for their time.
- The program will also look to have an advanced component with one on one lessons available.
A progression plan will be put in place to monitor the juniors through their sessions with the older/more able classes introduced to on course play when they are ready.
- Additional skills tests will be conducted throughout the year to test/reward improvement
- Family fun events will also be held conjunction with the program which will involve both a golf & hospitality component.
Call reception at 9523 6777 for enquiries.
2022 BOYS & GIRLS JUNIOR CHAMPIONSHIPS – 21st August 2022
- Championship is 18 hole Stroke Scratch event
2021: Junior Girl Champion: Sophia Perkins / Junior Boy Champion: Kayun Mudadana
MINOR JUNIOR CHAMPIONSHIP – 21st August 2022
- Open to Boys & Girls
- Minor Championship is 18 Hole Stableford (restricted to Handicaps from 13 and over)
- 2021: Minor Junior Champion: Thomas Kelly
CRONULLA JUNIOR MASTERS
CLICK HERE FOR ENTRY FORM
- Event date: Sunday 2nd October 2022
- Entries Close: Friday 16th September 2022
SUNDAY JUNIOR COMPETITION
- Minimum of 4 Junior entrants must play for a Junior Prize to be available
9 HOLE EVENT
- Held on Wednesday afternoon off 10th tee
- Members are required to book in via the online booking system
- Parents/guardians/grandparents are welcome to play or accompany at no cost
- Encourage Shield
- Junior Pennants
- Eric Apperly Shield
- Major Pennants
INCENTIVES & SCHOLARSHIPS
A Junior or Sub Junior Playing members without a handicap, after attending Junior Golf Academy, at the discretion of the Professional may play social golf whilst accompanied by a parent or member. A Junior or Sub Junior Playing Member with a handicap may play in organized competitions on any day of the week subject to any relevant ‘Special measure’ competition in place, but may only book in after 4.00pm 3 days beforehand.
Exception: in the case of Sub-Junior or Junior Playing member with a GA handicap to 5 has the same playing
PATHWAY TO FULL PLAYING MEMBERSHIP
- Annual subscriptions are currently $150
- There is no initial joining fee.
- At age 18 transfer to Cadet Membership where subscriptions will increase on an incremental scale every 2 year until age 30 when transferred to another class of membership.
- Joining fee Objective: To reward our junior members who remain loyal to the club through the entire period of their cadet membership period
Cadet Membership Joining fee (only available for the cadet category)
Any junior member who transfers into the cadet category of membership upon turning the age of 18 will be required to pay the current entrance fee in full, unless they remain in the cadet membership category continuously for a period of 12 years (ages 18-29).
- This entrance fee payable will then be set 15% of the full joining fee rate.
- Cadet members will be required to pay this entrance fee off over 12 equal annual instalments from the ages 18-29
- If a cadet member requests a transfer into any other golfing membership category prior to the age of 30, they will be subject to pay the full entrance fee (at that time) less any increment payments already made, prior to such a transfer being approved
- If they choose not to pay the entrance fee owed, they will be required to resign their membership.
Exception: Board only approved leave of absence due to either undertaking an overseas educational golfing college scholarship or competing in an overseas PGA tour as a PGA accredited golfing professional.
AUSTRALIAN GOLF FOUNDATION JUNIOR GIRL SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
Cronulla Golf has obtained funding from the Australian Golf Foundation (AGF) to support teenage girls to pursue their golf. The Scholarship Program is part of a National campaign to get more girls participating in golf.
Each Scholarship holder will receive:
- A one-year junior club membership 2022-2023.
- 24 group sessions of tuition with a Certified PGA Professional (advanced in Coaching). These sessions will be dedicated to the Scholarship holders only.
- A shirt and cap with AGF Scholarship identification.
JUNIOR DEVELOPMENT COMMITTEE
Brett Cripps (Chair)
Cathy Axford (Director)
Richard Beer (Director)
Kelly Battye (Administration Manager)
Mark Whetters (Club Captain)
Mark Alison (Professional)