"Rod Barton” Junior Development Programme
- Coaching Clinics
- 5 hole Tyro course
- 9 hole Events
- Junior major Events
- Inter Club Golf
- Scholarships & Incentives
- Pathway to Full Playing membership
- Free fortnightly coaching clinics are run by members of the PGA during school terms.
- Dates and times are posted on the club’s website at the commencement of each term.
- Members are required to book in via the online Booking system.
Tyro Golf Course
- A 5-hole course has been designed for beginners
- Events will be run in school terms and alternative weeks to the Coaching Clinics and during school Holidays.
- Dates and times are posted on the club’s website
- Members are required to book in via the online booking system in groups of three.
- Experienced junior members are encouraged to play as 4th member in each group as mentors
9 Hole Events
- To be held on selected Sunday mornings from the 10th tee.
- Dates and times are posted on the Club’s Website.
- Members are required to book in via the online booking system.
- The event is open for members with or without handicaps
- Parents/guardians/grandparents are welcome to play or accompany at no cost. Dress regulations apply. Junior Major Events
Members have entry into the following:
- Junior championship
- Cronulla Junior masters
- Junior Eclectic (best score on each hole over 12 month period)
Inter Club Golf – Opportunity to play in
- Encourage shield
- Junior Pennant
- Eric Apperly Shield (male only)
- Other representative pennant teams
Scholarships and Incentives
- Annual scholarships will be available to juniors who meet set performance criteria and who
aspire to play at the Elite level.
- Male Junior golfers with “A Grade” handicap have the same booking rights as full playing
- Female junior golfers have unrestricted booking rights in ladies competitions
- Coaching awards will be available for regular play in Clubs events.
- Juniors who are selected in Inter club teams will receive a credit towards their joining fee, payable on transfer to Full playing membership.
Pathway to Full Playing Membership
- Annual subscriptions are currently $150
- There is no initial joining fee
- At age 18 invites to transfer to cadet memberships, where subscriptions commence at % of a Full Playing member, with scaled increases every 2 years until age 30.
- At age 30 invited to transfer to Full Playing membership or another class of membership. A joining fee (50% of full rate) less any credits accumulated becomes payable at this point in time.
Junior Coaching Clinic Dates TBA
Minimum of 4 kids needed each week, so make sure you put your name on the timesheet before 12pm on the Friday preceding.
2020 Clinic Dates: To be Advised
Tyro Golf Dates TBA
2020 Dates: To be advised
Sunday Morning 9 Hole Junior Golf Competition
Sunday Junior Event
Held in conjunction with the mens & ladies morning competitions, provided a minimum of 5 juniors play (Should a junior win the mens’ or ladies’ event, they are not eligible to win the junior event
Rod Barton Eclectic
Commences beginning of February – best stableford score on each hole in 2020
Junior 6's Invitational 2020
Girls – Sunday 23rd August 2020
Boys – Saturday 31st October 2020 & Saturday 7th November 2020
Girls – Charlotte Perkins
Boys – Brock Speechley
To be held Saturday 31st October 2020
(No Winner for 2019)
Junior Masters 2020
Junior Development Committee
Richard Beer / Brett Cripps (Chair) / Lloyd Elphick / Mark Whetters