"Rod Barton” Junior Development Programme
- Coaching Clinics
- 5 hole Tyro course
- 9 hole Events
- Junior major Events
- Inter Club Golf
- Scholarships & Incentives
- Pathway to Full Playing membership
- Free fortnightly coaching clinics are run by members of the PGA during school terms.
- Dates and times are posted on the club’s website at the commencement of each term.
- Members are required to book in via the online Booking system.
Tyro Golf Course
- A 5-hole course has been designed for beginners
- Events will be run in school terms and alternative weeks to the Coaching Clinics and during school Holidays.
- Dates and times are posted on the club’s website
- Members are required to book in via the online booking system in groups of three.
- Experienced junior members are encouraged to play as 4th member in each group as mentors
9 Hole Events
- To be held on selected Sunday mornings from the 10th tee.
- Dates and times are posted on the Club’s Website.
- Members are required to book in via the online booking system.
- The event is open for members with or without handicaps
- Parents/guardians/grandparents are welcome to play or accompany at no cost. Dress regulations apply. Junior Major Events
Members have entry into the following:
- Junior championship
- Cronulla Junior masters
- Junior Eclectic (best score on each hole over 12 month period)
Inter Club Golf – Opportunity to play in
- Encourage shield
- Junior Pennant
- Eric Apperly Shield (male only)
- Other representative pennant teams
Scholarships and Incentives
- Annual scholarships will be available to juniors who meet set performance criteria and who
aspire to play at the Elite level.
- Male Junior golfers with “A Grade” handicap have the same booking rights as full playing
- Female junior golfers have unrestricted booking rights in ladies competitions
- Coaching awards will be available for regular play in Clubs events.
- Juniors who are selected in Inter club teams will receive a credit towards their joining fee, payable on transfer to Full playing membership.
Pathway to Full Playing Membership
- Annual subscriptions are currently $150
- There is no initial joining fee
- At age 18 invites to transfer to cadet memberships, where subscriptions commence at % of a Full Playing member, with scaled increases every 2 years until age 30.
- At age 30 invited to transfer to Full Playing membership or another class of membership. A joining fee (50% of full rate) less any credits accumulated becomes payable at this point in time.
Junior Coaching Clinic Dates New Dates
Would you like to be included in our Junior Clinics, to be held on selected Monday afternoons from 4pm to 5pm.
Please contact the office by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (9523 6777) to advise which clinic dates you would like to be considered for. At this time also advise if there is another Junior member you want to attend the clinics with:
Term 4 Clinic dates:
Monday 12th October
Monday 19th October
Monday 2nd November
Monday 16th November
Monday 30th November
Monday 14th December
As spots are limited, all bookings will be made by the office, with preference given to those who did not participate or missed out the week before.
Tyro Golf Dates TBA
2020 Dates: To be advised
Sunday Morning 9 Hole Junior Golf Competition
Sunday Junior Event
Held in conjunction with the mens & ladies morning competitions, provided a minimum of 5 juniors play (Should a junior win the mens’ or ladies’ event, they are not eligible to win the junior event
Rod Barton Eclectic
Commences beginning of February – best stableford score on each hole in 2020
Junior 6's Invitational 2020
Girls – Sunday 23rd August 2020
Boys – Saturday 31st October 2020 & Saturday 7th November 2020
Boys – Brock Speechley
Girls – Charlotte Perkins
To be held Saturday 31st October 2020
(No Winner for 2019)
Junior Masters 2020
Junior Development Committee
Richard Beer / Brett Cripps (Chair) / Lloyd Elphick / Mark Whetters